Salt and Vinegar Oven Baked Chips




Well, four days into the whole unprocessed thing and we needed a TREAT.
I searched recipe after recipe and finally combined about six ideas to make these little beauties !

Here's how you do it ...

Using a mandolin slicer, finely slice 5 medium sized potatoes (or however many you want). I did 5 for the 4 of us. It made heaps. Put the slices into a long rectangular dish and top with 2 tbls vinegar and 2 tbls olive oil. Let soak at least 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 200C. Line cookie sheets/baking trays with baking paper and then top with crushed sea salt. Lay potatoes in a single layer (not touching but pretty close) on top of the salt. Bake til golden brown. Ours took between 10 and 15 minutes ... but watch them closely, you don't want them to burn !! I can't wait to try these with a bunch of different flavors. I think we will do Cajun or Moroccan next !


6 comments:

Talia said...

Wow, this is a heaps good idea! I've only every made the chips and seasoned them afterwards. I'll definitely be trying this soon Bonnie!

Amy said...

mmmmm, so yum, Bon! gonna make these with my kids!

Toni said...

These look so yummy! I think I know what you're talking about with the slicer :D

andrafaye said...

UM. YUMMO!! I wanna come to your house!!!

Bonnie said...

come on over andrea !!

Sabba and Nanny said...

Salt and vinegar chips may be my favorite.