Salmon and Soba and Soy Beans, oh my !

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App 

This is one of those recipes that I wanted to try as soon as I saw it !
I knew I would love it ... and I was right !!
This is so delicious.
My family
agrees.

I didn't dress the salad, as the dressing had wasabi in it and I thought it might be a bit spicy for the kids.  Jono (10) did try it though and said it wasn't too spicy.  But, he didn't dress his salad with it.  The kids just had straight soy sauce as their dressing.

I made a few changes to the original recipe too.  It said it served two and I was feeding four so I added a bed of spinach, cooked more noodles and did more salmon.  I reduced the amount of edamame, mostly because I got tired of shelling them, but also because one cup seemed like enough. Also, I used cooked edamame that had been frozen and thawed.  Oh, and I reduced the amount of wasabi in the dressing.  Here's how I did mine ...

1 nice piece of sashimi grade salmon, sliced
250g soba noodles
1 cup cooked edamame (soy beans), shelled
1 cup watercress, leaves trimmed and washed
2 cups baby spinach leaves, washed
6 radishes, thinly sliced
3 spring onions, chopped small
1 tablespoon wasabi paste
2 tablespoons peanut oil
sesame oil ... I just did a few drops 
2 tablespoons soy sauce
sesame seeds

Bring a pot of water to the boil over high heat.  Cook the soba noodles.  Drain, rinse under cool water and set aside.  

In a big salad bowl, mix spinach, edamame, watercress, radishes, spring onions and soba noodles.  

Whisk wasabi paste, peanut oil, sesame oil and soy sauce.  

To serve, put salad on plate, top with salmon slices, sprinkle with sesame seeds and then dress with wasabi dressing or plain soy sauce.  

So good !!!

No comments: