Talia's Korean Bulgogi

 photo 2F4A6587-ACE0-430E-A03F-C0BD36473AB0-1877-0000038988F35531_zpsf70c4c00.jpg 

It is delicious.

 But more than that, this recipe is easy to double for another night.
I've been trying to find meals that I can prepare extra to freeze for another time.
My goal is to have a freezer full of cooked, or prepared and ready to cook food for times 
that are exceptionally busy, or I've not been able to organize a meal.   Those are the nights we 
eat two minute noodles or something similarly unhealthy.  This should solve that problem! As well,
I prepared this last night and put it in the fridge ... this afternoon, after we got home late from soccer, I pulled out the bag ready to cook.  I had put the rice in the rice cooker before we left so that was 
ready.  Dinner was on in no time.  AND ... it get's even better.  Rory had to work late but the 
kids were starving so I cooked theirs and ours is actually still waiting in the fridge.  He is
home now but changing my head light.  Seriously, it never stops around here! :)  

Here is the doubled recipe - with the intention of freezing half.


6 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons white sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 kg beef, thinly sliced
2 carrots, grated
2 spring onions, sliced
1 onion, finely sliced

Mix first  seven ingredients in a large ziplock bag.  Add beef, carrots, spring onions and onion.  Seal bag and shake it around to coat beef.  Refrigerate for a few hours.  I did mine over night.

When ready to cook, just cook 1/2 of the ingredients in the bag, label the bag and freeze the other 1/2 for another time!

Preheat a wok to high heat.  Stir fry beef and veggies in small batches.  Talia's recipe said until you get crispy bits.  Mine never went crispy but I don't think my beef was as thin as hers ... No matter though, it was still delicious!



2 comments:

Kath said...

This looks DELICIOUS! I love bulgogi! The recipe I have is from a friend who I watched make it many years ago and every time I take it out, it looks complicated and consequently I have never made it myself. Those days are OVER!

Mrs. Wallace said...

This looks YUMMY...but I chuckled as I thought hummm I might need to one and a half the recipe to make it stretch for one meal at my house. Maybe if I triple it, I could put half in the freezer!!