Caprese Avocado Boats

 photo D1DC79A0-8FE7-4060-B3B7-8C4280B0F1AC_zpsipf4vv67.jpg

I've looked at this recipe quite a few times and finally made it the other night.   I didn't do it exactly like she said because I was in a bit of a hurry.  I didn't make the basil garlic oil sauce maybe I will try that next time. But only maybe ... because this way was so easy.  Here's what I did.

Avocados (one per person, but I only did half each for the kids)
Baby Bocconcini, 225g (8oz)
Cherry Tomatoes, 250g, quartered
Garlic Infused Olive Oil
Fresh Basil, chopped
Salt and Pepper
Good Quality Balsamic Vinegar

Cut the avocados in half, take out the seed and carefully peel off the skin.

Mix bocconcini, tomatoes and fresh basil (as little or much as you like) with a good drizzle of the Garlic Infused Olive Oil.   Season to taste with salt and pepper.

When ready to serve, spoon bocconcini mixture into avocado halves.  Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar and serve.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my! I ate so much a salad just like this when I was pregnant with the twins! All of my faves! Looks great.