Crock Pot Shredded Chicken


You know how sometimes a recipe calls for shredded chicken?
Well, this is a great way to make it.  
Easy.  Nothing to it.

I started with four skinless boneless chicken breasts. 
Took them frozen solid out of the freezer and popped them in the crock pot.
I added two cups of chicken stock to the crock pot as well.
Four hours on high and they were done.

Just shred with two forks and THAT IS IT.

We used some of this on pizza that night.
I froze the rest in ziplock bags.
Already, I've pulled out one bag and used it for an easy dinner.
Just threw some chicken, cheese, leftover guac, chipotle mayo into a flour tortilla
 and toasted that in the sandwich press.  The others in my 
family varied their ingredients a little.  
We were all happy.
Just the way 
I like it.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is definitely an easy timesaver and has saved many a busy mom from being forced to order expensive pizza on a crazy weeknight. ;)
I do this with pork roast too - throw it in a tortilla with some preshred salad, some cheese and a glop of sour cream - dinner in minutes. :)
For me, beef isn't as nice though - my shredded beef is always too dry if I freeze for later - though I have given it a good soak in beef broth when I had time and that helped.

Anyway, I love that you used the chicken in pizza - I always forget to use chicken on pizza.